Tutorial (24th July)

1. What is your latest ‘how-can’ question?  

My question was “How can we reduce our fast fashion Environmental Impact?” and it hasn’t been changed  

2. What have you been up to during the last few weeks? How has your research evolved? 

During last weeks, I was reading journals and searched how the other fashion brands promote their campaign, focusing on how valuable the information and what kind of content strategies was the other brand held.  

I choose to do campaigns for one of my intervention because I thought they are often the main way that you interact with the public and get your message out to people and also it can be used to pressurise decision-makers, to educate the public and to change their behavior. 

I have also made some Survey questions; I was collecting some responses and data. For me, getting to do survey provided valuable insight for my project to stay relevant and to understand my stakeholders needs and wants as well as the gatekeepers. Also, it helped me with gathering some ideas because I have asked them several questions such as What are your current views on sustainability within the Fashion/ Textile Industry? What changes would you personally like to see within the Fashion Industry?  

and after gathering them I started making structure of a fashion campaign video clip for my intervention  

3. What interventions have you done and what intervention ideas do you have? a. You will need to go through the list of any interventions you have done so far or that you intend to carry out + b. what the purpose of it is + c. what the aim of each intervention is + d. who you have engaged with or who you will be engaging with? 

A) short Video Clip of fashion campaign, and thinking of making posters later on and, I’ll set up account for my campaign as well.  

B+c) The purpose of this video clip is to creates a consensus on the environmental crisis 

And help others with raising their awareness of the harmful effect of the fast fashion industry on our planet, it would also be helpful for consumers to make more informed decisions when they purchase clothes. Also, to consider the numerous workers that work behind the scenes to make the fashion industry run possible. 

This is just the quick draft of the campaign (quick briefing on what is fast fashion culture and how it affects our environment.)  and I’ll need to put audio, subtitles and solution for the question which I am still considering about.   

but what I am trying to express is we need to act what we can do right now and keep on practice and learn. So, my message is why don’t we all start the environment-minded actions for future generations and ourselves right now? Rather than starting from something big, when we gather all the small actions it has potentials become great impact. Which means that we could all be heroes for nature. 

.I would like to include things like social challenge that each small action gathers to exert great influence and nature and this world global campaign would strive to improve even more.   

#Scouts and #Connect2Earth or #EarthHour 

Take action photos for the environment and upload them to social media Hashtags: #Scouts and #Connect2Earth or #EarthHour Using the above hashtags will increase your @worldscouting Instagram feed. 

4. Please provide a list of stakeholders that you have started engaging with or plan to engage with over the summer? Remember that the stakeholder list should include professionals/experts in your field of research 

I would like to engage with fashion industry stakeholders to implement responsible business practices that are mindful of social, economic and environmental impact. who are amongst those able to give an accurate view on the environmental impact of fashion.  
5. Please provide a summary of your plan/schedule, what you have achieved so far, where you are in your plan, and what are your next steps 

6. Have you been updating your blog? 

Surveys